Saturday, April 12, 2008

seven days and counting!

Today I took the GRE- a graduate school entrance exam. It was far to long. Restive and starved to do something creative - to offset the rigidity of standardized testing - I dyed all 30 my team members' volunteer t-shirts. I decided that white was far too boring, so I set out to make them messy with color. Carried away in the artist process, I took off the plastic gloves I had purchased. Unencumbered by the synthetic restraints, I splashed and soaked and beat the fabric with different combinations of dye until each was glaringly unique. After I came down from the manic state my creative fervor had thrown me to, I realized that the shirts were quite possibly ridiculous. I also realized that I had turned my hands a blueish green. Hope it comes off!

The rest of this weekend I will be packing and preparing for my trip. I have SO much to get done. I leave next Friday. I will be flying to Amsterdam and spending a few days in Europe before I leave for Uganda. I will also be going to Dublin and Edinburgh. I can't believe I am so lucky. Just living the dream.

No comments: